• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

Fridge:

Pretty tame, nothing too special.. I have a few beers I am saving on the door below.. I purchased them over 5 years ago.  I clean out my fridge regularly.. I try to use everything in it.. If there is no use, it gets tossed... I receive a lot of samples from work so, things can get out of hand rather quickly. Lots of lettuces right now, lots of Chinese jars and sauces. Containers are leftovers for lunches, a few sauces I made that I am keeping.  I have been throwing away so little, it's been great. Outside of the beers, the wine from my save the date invitation and that old jar of unopened horseradish, there isn't anything older than a few months in this fridge. Maybe some old jam my sister in law gave me last year for xmas.. 

We had a local artist design the exterior of our fridge.. Some folk art, some abstract, some conceptual.. It's a lovely mix and we find completely transforms the piece. 

50013484943_aecf22777a_z.jpg

50014278362_fe1e3baa00_z.jpg

Freezer.. I managed to move most of the meat.. Now I just have stocks and vegan ice cream.. a few frozen pizzas, a big thing of chicken livers and thats about it. 

But yeh, ice cream is a thing here.  The three of them can eat ice cream everyday.. 

50014878416_a4b1299ae4_z.jpg

10 foot door spice rack and a closet... I don't have a lot of things anymore.. A few spaghetti packs, a few tins of tomatoes, some tea, some starch and flours a few grain, sugar, salt, peanut butter.  

50014278342_d6b1aca822_z.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

Fridge:

Pretty tame, nothing too special.. I have a few beers I am saving on the door below.. I purchased them over 5 years ago.  I clean out my fridge regularly.. I try to use everything in it.. If there is no use, it gets tossed... I receive a lot of samples from work so, things can get out of hand rather quickly. Lots of lettuces right now, lots of Chinese jars and sauces. Containers are leftovers for lunches, a few sauces I made that I am keeping.  I have been throwing away so little, it's been great. Outside of the beers, the wine from my save the date invitation and that old jar of unopened horseradish, there isn't anything older than a few months in this fridge. Maybe some old jam my sister in law gave me last year for xmas.. 

Freezer.. I managed to move most of the meat.. Now I just have stocks and vegan ice cream.. a few frozen pizzas, a big thing of chicken livers and thats about it. 

But yeh, ice cream is a thing here.  The three of them can eat ice cream everyday.. 

10 foot door spice rack and a closet... I don't have a lot of things anymore.. A few spaghetti packs, a few tins of tomatoes, some tea, some starch and flours a few grain, sugar, salt, peanut butter.  

BKEats

BKEats

Fridge:

Pretty tame, nothing too special.. I have a few beers I am saving on the door below.. I purchased them over 5 years ago.  I clean out my fridge regularly.. I try to use everything in it.. If there is no use, it gets tossed... I receive a lot of samples from work so, things can get out of hand rather quickly. Lots of lettuces right now, lots of Chinese jars and sauces. Containers are leftovers for lunches, a few sauces I made that I am keeping.  I have been throwing away so little, it's been great.

BKEats

BKEats

Fridge:

Pretty tame, nothing too special.. I have a few beers I am saving on the door below.. I purchased them over 5 years ago.  I clean out my fridge regularly.. I try to use everything in it.. If there is no use, it gets tossed... I receive a lot of samples from work so, things can get out of hand rather quickly. Lots of lettuces right now, lots of Chinese jars and sauces. Containers are leftovers for lunches, a few sauces I made that I am keeping.  I have been throwing away so little, it's been great.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50014878416_a4b1299ae4_z.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

Fridge:

Pretty tame, nothing too special.. I have a few beers I am saving on the door below.. I purchased them over 5 years ago.  I clean out my fridge regularly.. I try to use everything in it.. If there is no use, it gets tossed... I receive a lot of samples from work so, things can get out of hand rather quickly. 

10 foot door spice rack:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50014278342_d6b1aca822_z.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

Fridge:

BKEats

BKEats

Fridge:

Pretty tame, nothing too special.. I have a few beers I am saving on the door below.. I purchased them over 5 years ago.  I clean out my fridge regularly.. I try to use everything in it.. If there is no use, it gets tossed... I receive a lot of samples from work so, things can get out of hand rather quickly. 

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50014278362_fe1e3baa00_z.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

Fridge:

BKEats

BKEats

Fridge:

It has a custom exterior design. We sourced a local prodigy. 

50013484943_aecf22777a_z.jpg

I go through my fridge regularly.  There are just a few things that I am holding on to, like the horseradish.  Like my neighbors zero heinekens.. it's a week old, i am planning on passing them across the fence.  The nutcracker that was gifted to me, with the cute dog label.. I will never drink that and will toss it soon.   My one friend is adamant about removing the germ from garlic cloves so, I am saving mine in a jar with vinegar and some spices and will gift it to him,. 

I like to make sure I use what is there.  If you aren't going to use it, throw it away.  

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50014014931_ba8fb5ffba_z.jpg