• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from Brazil

Hello,

I'm Wagner Aguiar, and I heard about this forum from the first Modernist Cuisine book and thought it was a fantastic initiative. I've been looking for somewhere that enabled me to connect to cooks from around the world, and it felt to be a good try. My interest in cooking began some years ago, during my graduation in Civil Engineering. At first, I cooked to impress my girlfriend, but when I noticed, I already loved it. Cooking was essential to me during my Master's in Material Science in one of the most stressful periods of my life. Nowadays, I am a Civil Engineering Professor for almost five years, but since the last one, I realized that what I really want to be is a cook. This why I got so excited about this forum when I heard of it. Change my profession won't be easy, mainly because I don't really know people in the industry.
I have a particular interest in modern cooking. The concept of using science to improve the flavor of foods willingly amazes me.

• Like 5

Hello and welcome, Wagner. I too am interested to see what you have to say about the food you cook there, and about your journey from engineer to cook. There are a fair number of scientists and engineers on this forum! If you have any questions about how to use the forum software, or whether or where to post something, feel free to ask a host (I am one) by PM or email.

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

On 6/12/2020 at 1:37 PM, Smithy said:

Hello and welcome, Wagner. I too am interested to see what you have to say about the food you cook there, and about your journey from engineer to cook. There are a fair number of scientists and engineers on this forum! If you have any questions about how to use the forum software, or whether or where to post something, feel free to ask a host (I am one) by PM or email.

Thank you so much Smithy, I'm really excited to learn more about cooking, besides try to find opportunities to begin my cook carreer.