• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Diana Kennedy: Nothing Fancy (Movie)

heidih

I pre -ordered this the first day I read about it.  It should arrive on the 25 of the month.  Really looking forward to it.  She is in my mental collection of strong, amazing women.  It includes, among others, R.B.G., Jane Goodall and Julia Child.  

• Like 1

I saw this story in the Washington Post.  I had the pleasure of meeting her in 2010, including just the 2 of us sharing a quick bite.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2020/06/17/one-of-the-worlds-foremost-authorities-on-mexican-food-is-british-a-new-film-reckons-with-her-legacy/?itid=pr_hybrid_content_2_na-ans_2

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gulfporter said:

I saw this story in the Washington Post.  I had the pleasure of meeting her in 2010, including just the 2 of us sharing a quick bite.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2020/06/17/one-of-the-worlds-foremost-authorities-on-mexican-food-is-british-a-new-film-reckons-with-her-legacy/?itid=pr_hybrid_content_2_na-ans_2

My jealousy knows no bounds

I pre-ordered it from Amazon and it will be here on the 25 of this month.  Just one long week to wait.  It was $13.99.

And yes, I'm pea-green with envy seeing the photo.  

Watched it last night.  AMZN Prime Video; 6 bucks plus tax.  

Filmed when she was 95; shows her driving around Michoacan in her stick-shift truck, going to markets, cooking up a storm and being generally feisty.   

Good footage at her off-the-grid house in Zitacuaro and some old video and pics from her early days in MX in the late 50s.  

Enjoyed it immensely!  

• Like 4

• 6 months later...