• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Eatmywords

Eatmywords

We've never made a mole from scratch.  I understand it to be quite the endeavor and much easier from the Mexican grocer w we are fortunate to have.   I think I paid $7 for a pint last time and it doesn't go bad for a long while.  Believe we did beef broth and dark beer (Negra Modelo in keeping w the theme) last time.  Potatoes, beans,  onions, peppers, carrots, mushrooms,  whatever you want to throw in there will be good.

Eatmywords

Eatmywords

We've never made a mole from scratch.  I understand it to be quite the endeavor and much easier from the Mexican grocer w we are fortunate to have.   I think I paid $7 for a pint last time and it stays a long time.  Believe we did beef broth and dark beer (Negra Modelo in keeping w the theme) last time.  Potatoes, beans,  onions, peppers, carrots, mushrooms,  whatever you want to throw in there will be good.

Eatmywords

Eatmywords

We've never made a mole from scratch.  I understand it to be quite the endeavor and much easier from the Mexican grocer w we are fortunate to have.   I think I paid $7 for a pint it last time and it stays a long time.  Believe we did beef broth and dark beer (Negra Modelo in keeping w the theme) last time.  Potatoes, beans,  onions, peppers, carrots, mushrooms,  whatever you want to throw in there will be good.