• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eglies

Truffle flavours to die for

Hi there, I’m looking for some interesting flavours for truffles. Any combination of filling and coating ideas? For lemon, dark ganache, orange and caramel example. 
I also realised that when deciding to use ready made truffle shells filling needs to have a creamy texture. Any advice on this? 

One of the classics that I like would be dark chocolate and raspberry. I like the liquor- or liqueur-flavored ones, but I can't think right now exactly which ones.

You might find some interesting combinations in this thread on flavor combinations. It covers both savory and sweet ideas, but there are lots of suggestions, some of which I have adopted.

• Similar Content

• By Corny
      Has anyone worked with the Agostoni chocolate couverture? Mainly interested in experience with moulding bonbons. I found a post here from 2012, but with only one reply, so I thought I’ll ask the question again. 

Agostoni is an Italian chocolate maker that apparently has been around since the late 40’s, but I only just heard about them, when I found out they have a supplier in my home country of Norway.

• By DJ Silverchild
      I make shell molded truffles.  After my neck fusion, shaking out chocolate from the molds is difficult at best.  I went to a local chocolate shop and they have a Savage Brothers temperer with a vibrating machine built in over the bowl.  They flip the mold over, turn the vibrator on, and dump the chocolate that way and it looks wonderful.  They also double wall these truffles.  That machine is $50,000 I'm told.

I need a bigger tempering machine than what I have as well.  I currently use a Revolation Delta and I love it.  I'd get the 3Z but it doesn't have a vibrating machine build in.   I prefer to buy used.

I need suggestions that are in the $5000-$8000 range if they even exist.  I'm self taught so any advice would be helpful.
    • By Audrey Brown
      I want to make sugar-free bars with Callebaut cocoa liquor and Erythratol.  Any advice on ratios?  Should I make it in my melanger or would just melting, adding and tempering work? I made the mistake of buying Callebaut sugar-free with Maltitol and it is definitely a laxative.  Now still stuck with a lot of it.  Any advice is most appreciated.
    • By markg109
      Hi All,
      I am an artist ( oil and pastels) by trade so the coloring of artisan chocolates really appeals to me. I was wondering if I could make my own colored cocoa butter using oil candy colors and cocoa butter, or is there more involved.
      Also, if I add the oil candy color to white chocolate will it affect the temper?
      Thanks,
      Mark
    • By CharTruff
      Hello! 

I am doing some spring cleaning and am selling some of my used polycarbonate molds. I've attached pictures and dimensions below.  The mold prices do not include shipping fee. I will ship these via USPS priority mail. 

For estimation purposes only, 4 - 5 molds can fit in a medium box and it costs $15.05 to ship. Please let me know if you have any questions.  

Thank you. 
      Charlotte W.