• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Card Party Foods

lindag

Yesterday was my day to host my friends for an afternoon of Canasta.

I served green grapes and popcorn (Kornutopia brand)  while we played.

During halftime we had glazed appetizer meatballs, potato chips with dill dip, crackers and a variety of cheeses.

After the game came dessert, a one-layer German Chocolate cake.

It was a beautiful day, sunny and bright and in the high 70's.

Last week my friend Ida made a delicious chicken salad served on  toasted baguette slices,an item I'll replicate in the future.

d

• Like 4

Mindful of keeping the hands "non-stick"  my 5 day a week (pre-pandemic) bridge playing stepmother reports bck with thumbs up on things like quiche bites. No crumbles/flakes. They don't do "half-time". - any break is reserved for old lady bathroom scurries. @lindag yours sounds like quite the party feast.

Edited by heidih (log)

• 1 month later...

I’m planning this week’s card party for Saturday.

Big platter of mixed fruit:   Melons,  kiwi, mango, strawberries,, cherries, pineapple and peaches.

Caramel corn (non-sticky).

Marionberry pie with vanilla ice cream

Drinks will be cold-brew iced coffee, Coke and lemonade...it’s supposed to be quite warm that day.

Here’s hoping all the fruit is ripe in time.

Yum.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Todays game food:  bean dip with chips (a nod to Cinco de Mayo) 

cheese platter with assorted crackers

strawberry shortcake with pound cake (a nod to Spring)

Diet coke, cold brew coffee, iced tea