• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

McCormick Marmalades with Chiles

gulfporter

I've been using these for about a year.  They aren't super spicy, but decent chile flavor and a bit of a kick.  

I sieve them to make a smooth dipping sauce (with shrimp) or a glaze (grilled chicken, salmon, pork).  Been using lately as a schmear inside of grilled sandwiches....Black Forest ham or smoked turkey with either brie, smoked gouda or goat cheese (sometimes add sliced apple or pear).  The jam gives a good balance to the sandwich.  I also serve it with crackers on a cheese plate.  

Are these available in the US?  I checked Mexgrocer.com but they only stock McCormick's strawberry.  I get mine here in MEX at the Walmart, but I cannot access Walmart USA website from here (it directs me to Walmart MEX). 

I want to recommend it to a friend who I know would love them; he's not able to get out too much these days and I don't want to send him on a wild goose chase. Trying to find it online in US and order it for him, or direct him to a store where they have them.   If anyone's seen them, please let me know.  Gracias in advance.  

These are the current flavors I have in my cupboard: 

Mango with Habanero

Pina (pineapple) with Chile Pasilla

Frutos Rojos (mixed berries) with Chile Morita

Here is picture of a jar, 

mermelada.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/30/2020 at 12:26 PM, ElsieD said:

I went to the Mexican store yesterday and they don't have it.  I showed them a picture and they said they did not know the product.  Too bad.  I would have liked to have gotten my hands on some.

@gulfporter You might want to have a look at this:

https://www.earthnvine.com

Thx for info.  We are **thinking** we may fly to US in July and can bring the MXN versions with us.  They are about $1 USD per jar.  Yes, I'm cheap!

I get something similar from Home Goods (when it was open); pepper jelly from Aloha from Oregon.  They  have mango/habanero and a few others (raspberry, cranberry, marionberry, apricot) I don't see the McCormick ones even in the Spanish foods section (because it's where I find the guava paste I like) of our grocery stores (likely because Badia and Goya buy all the shelf space?).  If they have a Home Goods near them perhaps they'll find something similar until you can stock them up :)

I just checked the Aloha from Oregon site; they want $8+ per jar!  At Home Goods I pay $5 tops for a jar, on clearance it's even less.