• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from South Africa!

Hi from South Africa! 

I own a business selling fresh pasta and pasta dishes in Cape Town. Looking forward to reading more about the food industry and seeing what's out there. I am also hoping to share some of my writing and opinions on food.

• Like 1

Welcome to eGullet Melania and I look forward to reading your writings on South African food.   We had one member from Cape Town who has since sailed off into the blue and it's good to have another.  I'm very interested in the foods of South Africa and our former eG member helped me a lot to put together a dinner for some South African ex-pats.  

• Thanks 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Thanks for the warm welcome! 

I'm excited to share some recipes. We are going into winter now, so I am making lots of soups and homemade breads! Will definitely share some traditional recipes.

2 hours ago, Melania said:

سلام از آفریقای جنوبی! 

من یک شغل دارم که غذاهای پاستا و ماکارونی تازه را در کیپ تاون می فروشم. مشتاقانه منتظر خواندن اطلاعات بیشتر در مورد صنایع غذایی و دیدن آنچه در آنجا وجود دارد ، می باشد. من همچنین امیدوارم که برخی از نوشته ها و نظرات خود را در مورد غذا به اشتراک بگذارم.

hi  well come

• Like 1