• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

La tempesta biscotti

Dolcevita207

Hello, I have been trying to recreate a biscotti from the 80’s sold from San Francisco called LA  TEMPESTA , I am close but I still can’t get it to be crispy also tender without being also to hard, I am not using fat except in the yolks, can someone please help 

Can you post the recipe you're using?  And a description of what's in that biscotti (I've not heard of it - but I'm in Boston which could be why ;))

I myself like biscotti recipes that are oil based; I've found they are less brittle than ones with butter.  I can control the dryness with baking (time and temp).  For the second bake, I just line the cut slices up on the sheet pan (separated by an inch or so) and bake that way; no turning them over half way as some recipes recommend.

On 5/23/2020 at 10:11 AM, Dolcevita207 said:

Hello, I have been trying to recreate a biscotti from the 80’s sold from San Francisco called LA  TEMPESTA , I am close but I still can’t get it to be crispy also tender without being also to hard, I am not using fat except in the yolks, can someone please help 

I found an article about the owner's daughter, who now runs her own biscotti business. Specifically they make them in an italian style called biscotti di prato. googling that gave me this LA times recipe; you might try there:

https://www.latimes.com/recipe/cantucci-biscotti-di-prato

Edited by jimb0 (log)
  • Like 1