• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

Think "pork belly".    I'd score skin, if it comes with it, rub with salt and seasoning, slow roast for a couple of hours at, say, 250-275F.    Maybe elevate on a rack in the pan and add a cup of wine/water to pan.     Cover very loosely foil to control spatter, i.e., just lay a sheet of foil over the piece.  .

eta, and/or slice some  into, say, 3/8" slices and cook on a grill.    We had this in France as a sandwich on fresh baguette, advertised as Sandwich de Lard.   Divine!

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

Think "pork belly".    I'd score skin, if it comes with it, rub with salt and seasoning, slow roast for a couple of hours at, say, 250-275F.    Maybe elevate on a rack in the pan and add a cup of wine/water to pan.     Cover very loosely foil to control spatter, i.e., just lay a sheet of foil over the piece.  .