• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

GRiker

GRiker

@RobertM, certainly sounds like many years of experience not to disagree!  

Anyone else using the caramel molds like chocolot is using?   They look super handy.  I'm kind of obsessive about getting my caramels all the same size.  A chef knife and a ruler don't give the accuracy I'm looking for.  I've thought about a caramel cutter, but the silicone caramel square molds seem easier than using a caramel cutter.

I saw several very inexpensive brands on amazon.  I usually subscribe to the "you get what you pay for" so usually don't go for the lowest priced option.

I found the following brands that look quality when I did some looking (edited to show price with and without shipping.)

• O'Creme runs about $0.50 per cavity (free shipping with Prime)
  • Chef Rubber runs about $1.15 per cavity ($1.00/ cavity without shipping)
  • Truffly Made runs about $1.40 per cavity ($1.30/ cavity without shipping)
  • JB Prince runs about $1.50 per cavity ($1.30/ cavity without shipping)

Does anyone have real experience using these (or other brands)?  Any issues with release?  Any thing that surprised you with how they work?

GRiker

GRiker

Anyone else using the caramel molds like chocolot is using?   They look super handy.  I'm kind of obsessive about getting my caramels all the same size.  A chef knife and a ruler don't give the accuracy I'm looking for.  I've thought about a caramel cutter, but the silicone caramel square molds seem easier than using a caramel cutter.

They seems relatively 

I saw several very inexpensive brands on amazon.  I usually subscribe to the "you get what you pay for" so usually don't go for the lowest priced option.

I found the following brands that look quality when I did some looking (edited to show price with and without shipping.)

• O'Creme runs about $0.50 per cavity (free shipping with Prime)
  • Chef Rubber runs about $1.15 per cavity ($1.00/ cavity without shipping)
  • Truffly Made runs about $1.40 per cavity ($1.30/ cavity without shipping)
  • JB Prince runs about $1.50 per cavity ($1.30/ cavity without shipping)

Does anyone have real experience using these (or other brands)?  Any issues with release?  Any thing that surprised you with how they work?

GRiker

GRiker

clarity

They seems relatively 

I found the following brands that look quality when I did some looking.

• O'Creme runs about $0.50 per cavity
  • Chef Rubber runs about $1.15 per cavity
  • Truffly Made runs about $1.40 per cavity
  • JB Prince runs about $1.50 per cavity

GRiker

GRiker

They seems relatively 

I found the following when I did some looking.

• O'Creme runs about $0.50 per cavity
  • Chef Rubber runs about $1.15 per cavity
  • Truffly Made runs about $1.40 per cavity
  • JB Prince runs about $1.50 per cavity