• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Who knew?  Certainly not me!  But I am nothing if not suggestible so... 

IMG_2488.thumb.jpeg.ab9b5b49d39dafa6cb7c879f1d5145a7.jpeg

I used the recipe in the NYTimes:  2T instant coffee, 2T hot water, 1.5 tsp sugar.  I used piloncillo.  At this ratio, I didn't find it atrociously sweet. Some of the recipes called for 2T sugar.  That would probably hurt my teeth. 

Kind of a fun idea to play with.  I'd like to try topping a mug of barely sweet hot chocolate with a dollop of this stuff for a mocha version. 

Edited to add that I used the whisk attachment to my stick blender instead of doing it by hand.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Who knew?  Certainly not me!  But I am nothing if not suggestible so... 

IMG_2488.thumb.jpeg.ab9b5b49d39dafa6cb7c879f1d5145a7.jpeg

I used the recipe in the NYTimes:  2T instant coffee, 2T hot water, 1.5 tsp sugar.  I used piloncillo.  At this ratio, I didn't find it atrociously sweet. Some of the recipes called for 2T sugar.  That would probably hurt my teeth. 

Kind of a fun idea to play with.  I'd like to try topping a mug of barely sweet hot chocolate with a dollop of this stuff for a mocha version.