• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

Fix photo orientation

@dcarch interesting solution.   @KennethT I wondered the same thing about a landslide.

We've had both, upright and chest. We have an upright now and that's all I'll ever own in the future.

I apparently don't keep enough stuff in my upright freezer. I keep most of the meat for our meals in the garage fridge freezer. There's a lot of blue ice in there, including the door. The bottom shelf is ren faire-related food, including 65+ lbs of corned beef that was destined for the Southern California Renaissance Pleasure Faire this spring that COVID-19 put the kebash on. Hopefully the Northern California Renaissance Faire will happen and I can cook it and sent it up there.

Freezer 9 May.jpg

Porthos

Porthos

@dcarch interesting solution.   @KennethT I wondered the same thing about a landslide.

We've had both, upright and chest. We have an upright now and that's all I'll ever own in the future.

I apparently don't keep enough stuff in my upright freezer. I keep most of the meat for our meals in the garage fridge freezer. There's a lot of blue ice in there, including the door. The bottom shelf is ren faire-related food, including 65+ lbs of corned beef that was destined for the Southern California Renaissance Pleasure Faire this spring that COVID-19 put the kebash on. Hopefully the Northern California Renaissance Faire will happen and I can cook it and sent it up there.

583468145_Freezer9May.thumb.jpg.9bd215519cc620d6d584587c3a601930.jpg