• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

md8232

md8232

Added image

16 hours ago, KennethT said:

Maybe use a little less oil? Most commercial fryers are only half filled since the level goes up with increased volume(the food) and even higher with all the bubbling.

Also, can you use it for a giant crawfish boil?

It is a 4 gallon model.  I used 4 gallons.  Even with less oil, I think it is a good idea to use a small tarp.

No “giant” crawfish boil.  They make a very expensive seafood boiler.  I’m going to try a small boil soon.

A1CB450E-DA4D-4FB6-AF08-30C253F0394A.jpeg

md8232

md8232

14 hours ago, KennethT said:

Maybe use a little less oil? Most commercial fryers are only half filled since the level goes up with increased volume(the food) and even higher with all the bubbling.

Also, can you use it for a giant crawfish boil?

It is a 4 gallon model.  I used 4 gallons.  Even with less oil, I think it is a good idea to use a small tarp.

No “giant” crawfish boil.  They make a very expensive seafood boiler.  I’m going to try a small boil soon.