Jump to content
  • Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Can anyone identify this frying pan!?


Recommended Posts

Where did you find this one? was there no identifying description with the photo? Do that reverse Google thingie and see where the photo originated.

 

And this old porch is like a steaming greasy plate of enchiladas,With lots of cheese and onions and a guacamole salad ...This Old Porch...Lyle Lovett

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, caroled said:

Where did you find this one? was there no identifying description with the photo? Do that reverse Google thingie and see where the photo originated.

 

i screenshoted the image from a YouTube clip so unfortunately no description of any kind☹️

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pastrygirl said:

What is so special about it?

I’m gonna be honest, I don’t know what’s good or bad about this frying pan yet because I haven’t been able to find it on the Internet and see reviews. But almost all the Korean YouTube channels I watch use this frying pan and pot and it looks like it cooks really well, whereas mine are all useless. So if I can find it on the Internet I’ll be able to see whether it’s worth a buy or not.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, thisemmygirl said:

[A]lmost all the Korean YouTube channels I watch use this frying pan and pot and it looks like it cooks really well, whereas mine are all useless. So if I can find it on the Internet I’ll be able to see whether it’s worth a buy or not.

 

9 hours ago, thisemmygirl said:

i screenshoted the image from a YouTube clip so unfortunately no description of any kind☹️

 

Those YouTubers also have Instagram accounts where you can communicate with them. I would just ask one or more of the them, "Where can I buy this pan?" It seems like the pan is popular, so probably you can buy one, too.

 

That pan looks kind of thick, so that might be why people like it. If your pans are "useless," maybe they're too thin and are burning stuff. There are lots of different pans that can help you get good results.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some YouTubers list their email addresses right below the video. You can probably try to communicate by way of YouTube (posting a comment / questions). People seem the most responsive to IG, though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, thisemmygirl said:

UPDATE: I FOUND IT!

Just when I thought I’d have to go back to Korea to buy it, I went to a Korean grocery store I often go to and found one omelette pan with the exact same design so I flipped it over and it had written ‘Oslo made in Korea’.

http://mg.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goodscode=1104208406

Yay!  What wonderful luck.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...