• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

2 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Shad is my favorite fish and I seem to be able to buy it about once in five years.  Last year @Katie Meadow suggested Citarella as a source.  Well, yes, Citarella sold me shad that they could not supply.  Now I'm wondering if my credit card will be refunded or if I have store credit.  I was not pleased at all but I will cut them some slack since we are in strange times.  Shipping from Citarella runs about $30 but for shad I was happy to pay what they asked.

I was so looking forward to the shad.

That sucks. There's still a few shad fishing companies around Trenton, I'm told.

BTW have you read The Founding Fish by princeton's own John McPhee?  Great shad book by a nonfiction master.

Shad are a popular topic down here south of philly. Colonial era dams are being removed from the Brandywine and White Clay creeks and shad have returned. Just hickory shad so far, but that's not nothing.

http://www.efrankhopkins.com/   

Says they carry shad.

gfweb

gfweb

Shad is my favorite fish and I seem to be able to buy it about once in five years.  Last year @Katie Meadow suggested Citarella as a source.  Well, yes, Citarella sold me shad that they could not supply.  Now I'm wondering if my credit card will be refunded or if I have store credit.  I was not pleased at all but I will cut them some slack since we are in strange times.  Shipping from Citarella runs about $30 but for shad I was happy to pay what they asked.

That sucks. There's still a few shad fishing companies around Trenton, I'm told.

BTW have you read The Founding Fish by princeton's own John McPhee?  Great shad book by a nonfiction master.

Shad are a popular topic down here south of philly. Colonial era dams are being removed from the Brandywine and White Clay creeks and shad have returned. Just hickory shad so far, but that's not nothing.

gfweb

gfweb

gfweb

gfweb

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said: