• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

Not a professional, but...all of the above. I have bookmarks in books, a bookmarks folder entitled "recipes to try," as well as a ton of saved recipes on the Food 52 and NYT cooking websites. I have a folder of documents entitled "recipes" that I've broke down into categories (entrees, desserts, breakfast, sauces, etc.)  with mostly word docs but some jpgs and screenshots. I have migrated over to using the "copy me that" app/website to manage recipes I collect from online sources.

I understand Eat Your Books is handy for finding recipes in your hard-copy cookbooks. I have it, but have yet to index all my cookbooks.....

To me, the important thing is to be able to search by ingredient. There's a search engine, recipe puppy, that allows that, but it's a little unwieldy. You can also do it on epicurious.com. I have not been able to figure out how to do it on copy me that.

kayb

kayb

Not a professional, but...all of the above. I have bookmarks in books, a bookmarks folder entitled "recipes to try," as well as a ton of saved recipes on the Food 52 and NYT cooking websites. I have a folder of documents entitled "recipes" that I've broke down into categories (entrees, desserts, breakfast, sauces, etc.)  with mostly word docs but some jpgs and screenshots. I have migrated over to using the "copy me that" app/website to manage recipes I collect from online sources.

I understand Eat Your Books is handy for finding recipes in your hard-copy cookbooks. I have it, but have yet to index all my cookbooks.....