• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

42 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

I am getting frustrated.  Egg roll wrappers are starting to look a LOT more sensible.  😟

Don't sweat this too much!  You've put a lot on your plate.  Sounds like you are not only making fresh pasta but also making something with a filling AND a sauce.  Is it lasagne?  ravioli?  I think either of them are projects all on their own.  

You can still put everything back into the fridge and pick up later.  

You've gotten a lot of good advice her from people with a lot more fresh pasta experience than I have but my very beginner recommendation is to make a basic cut noodle with a very simple sauce for your first run.  

You can make a full 1 lb batch of dough, but just roll and cut what you need for a meal and put the rest back into the fridge.  No need to work out details on drying, freezing, etc. for the first time.  Just roll, cut, drop them into the water and enjoy a nice meal.  

If you are up for more and ready to go right into fillings, etc. then don't let me discourage you - I'm impressed and pulling for you!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

33 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

I am getting frustrated.  Egg roll wrappers are starting to look a LOT more sensible.  😟

Don't sweat this too much!  You've put a lot on your plate.  Sounds like you are not only making fresh pasta but also making something with a filling AND a sauce.  Is it lasagne?  ravioli?  I think either of them are projects all on their own.  

You can still put everything back into the fridge and pick up later.  

You've gotten a lot of good advice her from people with a lot more fresh pasta experience than I have but my very beginner recommendation is to make cut noodle with a very simple sauce for your first run.  

You can make a full 1 lb batch of dough, but just roll and cut what you need for a meal and put the rest back into the fridge.  No need to work out details on drying, freezing, etc. for the first time.  Just roll, cut, drop them into the water and enjoy a nice meal.  

If you are up for more and ready to go right into fillings, etc. then don't let me discourage you - I'm impressed and pulling for you!