• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JeanneCake

JeanneCake

I have a vague childhood memory of my parents hosting parties where grape jelly and meatballs made an appearance but I cannot remember anything else other than the meatballs were sweet, and I got to eat them with toothpicks.  Oh and my  mother making parfaits - with what I'm pretty sure was canned cherry pie filling and probably vanilla pudding from a mix.  My paternal grandmother was a phenomenal cook and she taught my mother while we lived in a two family  house. 

Now I kind of want the grape jelly meatballs....alas I have no grape jelly, no meatballs and no recipe ....

ETA that my grandmother did not teach my mother how to make grape jelly meatballs.  That my mother got out of a magazine I'm sure! LOL 

JeanneCake

JeanneCake

I have a vague childhood memory of my parents hosting parties where grape jelly and meatballs made an appearance but I cannot remember anything else other than the meatballs were sweet, and I got to eat them with toothpicks.  Oh and my  mother making parfaits - with what I'm pretty sure was canned cherry pie filling and probably vanilla pudding from a mix.  My paternal grandmother was a phenomenal cook and she taught my mother while we lived in a two family  house. 

Now I kind of want the grape jelly meatballs....alas I have no grape jelly, no meatballs and no recipe ....