• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thanks for accepting me!

VTChef

I'm very excited to be a part of eGullet.  I am a head chef in Vermont for a family run restaurant and catering business.  I am currently working on a business plan for my own restaurant.  I have been in the industry for 14 years.  I am looking forward to connecting with all of you and expanding my culinary knowledge.

• Like 2

Welcome! It's always nice to get new members, and it's especially nice right now when everyone is trying to physically remain separated. There are restaurateurs here, as well as outstanding professional cooks, and then there are enthusiastic amateurs and folks trying to learn. It's quite a mix. If you have questions about how to use the forums, or where to post, feel free to ask a host by PM - I am one - or ask in the Moderation and Policy Discussion forum.

Who cooks at home? What's for dinner tonight?

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Thank you all!

3 hours ago, Smithy said:

Who cooks at home? What's for dinner tonight?

Typically my Fiancee does the cooking at home, however, since I've had a lot more time on my hands recently due to the pandemic, I've been doing most of the cooking at home.  She suprised me tonight though with a curry which was nice.  

2 hours ago, weinoo said:

Welcome. We love Vermont, one of our favorite places to enjoy a long weekend or more.

Are you in Burlington? Or nearby?

I am about 45 minutes north of Burlington 

22 hours ago, Darienne said:

Welcome Chef to eGullet.  Still beaver....????  Mebbe not.

Don't knock the beaver until you try it.  I was skeptical myself but it honestly does taste a lot like beef, not terribly gamey either.