• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

curls

curls

fix spelling mistake

19 hours ago, JeanneCake said:

I need to get off the internet.  I just saw a video for a combination (?) Chocovision Revolation 3Z tempering/enrober/skimmer  - for which I am not buying, trust me.  I'm getting a 60 quart Hobart before I buy any (more) chocolate equipment (because I have an EZ temper, so @Jim D. the dark side has already started it's slow tease) and with what's going on in the world at the moment, I am in no position to spend $7k just because I'm obsessed with marshmallows. 

But wow, that is one cool machine. Sigh.

If it is the same one I’ve seen, don’t get it. You don’t need the tempering machine since you own an EZ temper and the enrobing belt that comes with the Rev is super tiny. When you need an enrober, some of the folks here can steer you to the good units. My vote is for the 60 quart Hobart.

curls

curls

4 hours ago, JeanneCake said:

I need to get off the internet.  I just saw a video for a combination (?) Chocovision Revolation 3Z tempering/enrober/skimmer  - for which I am not buying, trust me.  I'm getting a 60 quart Hobart before I buy any (more) chocolate equipment (because I have an EZ temper, so @Jim D. the dark side has already started it's slow tease) and with what's going on in the world at the moment, I am in no position to spend $7k just because I'm obsessed with marshmallows. 

But wow, that is one cool machine. Sigh.

If it is the same one I’ve seen, don’t get it. You don’t need the tempering machine sine you own an EZ temper and the enrobing belt that comes with the Rev is super tiny. When you need an enrober, some of the folks here can steer you to the good units. My vote is for the 60 quart Hobart.