• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

2 hours ago, paul o' vendange said:

Oh god, impossible, lol!  A lot of them I’m so fond of some of the chefs and so I get bummed when they get eliminated.  I also get pissed when one of my faves loses to the wrong chef (imo, of course 😁.  Seasons 2 and 11...).  

Season 11, Nick winning didn’t sit at all well.  Soft spot for Stephanie, Nina too.  Sad thing is, Nick was chef de cuisine for Georges Perrier at Le Bec-Fin, before it closed.

Which brings up a point.  I’m so often blown away by the pedigree many of these chefs have, only to cook so poorly on the show.  Or tanks a relationship with mentors, e.g. season 8, J’en and Eric Ripert.  Yikes! )

Nick is very successful in Philadelphia. Occasionally has appearances with Perrier. He's doing fine. 

What is this tanking with Ripert? 

gfweb

gfweb

2 hours ago, paul o' vendange said:

Oh god, impossible, lol!  A lot of them I’m so fond of some of the chefs and so I get bummed when they get eliminated.  I also get pissed when one of my faves loses to the wrong chef (imo, of course 😁.  Seasons 2 and 11...).  

Season 11, Nick winning didn’t sit at all well.  Soft spot for Stephanie, Nina too.  Sad thing is, Nick was chef de cuisine for Georges Perrier at Le Bec-Fin, before it closed.

Which brings up a point.  I’m so often blown away by the pedigree many of these chefs have, only to cook so poorly on the show.  Or tanks a relationship with mentors, e.g. season 8, J’en and Eric Ripert.  Yikes! )

Nick is very successful in Philadelphia. Occasionally has appearances with Perrier. He's doing fine.