• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

FP is our method    First person to hit the kitchen in the morning, clicks on the electric water pot.    I don't allow the grounds to steep as long a prescribed, but do I use a good amount of coffee per pot so I get a strong cup to which I add a healthy splash of rich milk.    To me FP creates (my) quintessential brew.

FWIW, I like coffee much stronger than husband    Morning coffee was always a compromise, mine never being strong enough, his requiring a lot of additional hot water.    He switched to tea several months ago and I have been enjoying excellent coffee without inconveniencing anyone.  

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

FP is our method    First person to hit the kitchen in the morning, clicks on the electric water pot.    I don't allow the grounds to steep as long a prescribed, but do I use a good amount of coffee per pot so I get a strong cup to which I add a healthy splash of rich milk.    To me FP creates

FWIW, I like coffee much stronger than husband    Morning coffee was always a compromise, mine never being strong enough, his requiring a lot of additional hot water.    He switched to tea several months ago and I have been enjoying excellent coffee without inconveniencing anyone.