• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food in the time of a pandemic

18 minutes ago, heidih said:

It makes sense as a fun complete meal. A little fruit or greenery if possible but  thumbs up

Lots of lettuce and tomato among the toppings (and salsa!), and we had watermelon for dessert!

I did forget the jalapeños, probably because I don’t like them. 

Edited by kayb (log)
  • Like 4

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

4 hours ago, kayb said:

Lots of lettuce and tomato among the toppings (and salsa!), and we had watermelon for dessert!

I did forget the jalapeños, probably because I don’t like them. 

16 minutes ago, DesertTinker said:

Sounds like my method. “Did it say that jalapeños were supposed to be part of it? I guess I missed that. Sorry!”

I always smile when I remember enjoying tacos at a truck in Lodi.   An ancient Latino man sat opposite us.   He watched as husband passed me his jalapeno and I put it on one of my tacos, so one whole jalapeno per taco.   He grinned and handed me HIS!    I was startled but thought I had little choice, so accepted with thanks and split it onto the two.   He grinned with glee as he watched me munch down my jalapeno tacos!    A lovely memory.   And two great tacos!

• Like 6

eGullet member #80.