• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

I received a much bigger heritage pork butt than I thought I would. And it had at least a pound of fat on it. 

So...

IMG_3674.jpeg.f762bac00d28ebf50b5bb98ebe0bbc41.jpeg\

The fat got melted down. The beginning of a process which in total took about 4 hours, I guess. Now, 2 nice jars of clean, white pork fat in the fridge!

weinoo

weinoo

I received a much bigger heritage pork butt than I thought I would. And it had about at least a pound of fat on it. 

So...

The fat got melted down. The beginning of a process which in total took about 4 hours, I guess. Now, 2 nice jars of clean, white pork fat in the fridge!

weinoo

weinoo

I received a much bigger pork butt than I thought I would. And it had about a pound of fat on it. 

So...

So I melted it down. The beginning of a process which in total took about 4 hours, I guess. I have 2 nice jars of clean, white pork fat in the fridge!