• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

54 minutes ago, KennethT said:

@weinoocan have my older Thai basil that I've let flower.  it's really pretty and still tasty.  If you clip all the flowers, it will continue to grow vegetatively, but at its age it keeps wanting to flower.  I have a new plant that's about a week old that still has some growing up to do, but I'm sure will be just as tasty.

Have you explained to the plants that they're going to be moving?

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

And I appreciate it. Your posts frequently break up a very long day for those of us confined to spaces even smaller than a New York city apartment. Living vicariously still beats the other option!  But I do worry about your insufficiency in the matter of Thai basil.

Thank you. The funny thing is - our first apartment together was half the size of this place! And 4 flights up. Oy - those were the days..."I was so much younger then, I'm older than that now!"

Indeed, NYC for a food person, is quite good - I mean, it ain't France (Or Spain, or Italy (or Sonoma or Napa, for that matter)), but it'll do. And believe me, you put with a lot of shit to live here, and not only 5 foot ceilings.

weinoo

weinoo

15 minutes ago, KennethT said:

@weinoocan have my older Thai basil that I've let flower.  it's really pretty and still tasty.  If you clip all the flowers, it will continue to grow vegetatively, but at its age it keeps wanting to flower.  I have a new plant that's about a week old that still has some growing up to do, but I'm sure will be just as tasty.

Have you explained to the plants that they're going to be moving?

38 minutes ago, Anna N said:

And I appreciate it. Your posts frequently break up a very long day for those of us confined to spaces even smaller than a New York city apartment. Living vicariously still beats the other option!  But I do worry about your insufficiency in the matter of Thai basil.

Thank you. The funny thing is - our first apartment together was half the size of this place! And 4 flights up. Oy - those were the days..."I was so much younger then, I'm older than that now!"

Indeed, NYC for a food person, is quite good - I mean, it ain't France (Or Spain, or Italy (or Sonoma or Napa, for that matter), but it'll do. And believe me, you put with a lot of shit to live here, and not only 5 foot ceilings.