• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dtremit

dtremit

On 8/14/2020 at 12:20 PM, heidih said:

Instacart has never double charged me when they screw up. Hope same for Wegmans

I had a similar unexpected bounty from Costco recently -- one that is partially my fault, but I think I've done my best to try to fix it.

I placed an online order from them for a bunch of stuff, and the day it was (finally) due to arrive, I couldn't find it in the mail room. Checked the UPS tracking, and it was listed as delivered, signed for by "David" in "Shipping and Receiving." We don't have a shipping and receiving department, and no one in our building office has a name anything close to David, so I assumed it was lost and gone forever. Called Costco, waited on hold for half an hour, they looked it up, and re-shipped what they could and refunded the rest.

Well, wouldn't you know it, two days later the original box was delivered. I guess it wasn't misdelivered, but rather mis-scanned when something else was delivered. Oops.

Called Costco again, this time waited over an hour on hold, to try to get them to cancel the re-shipment. When I finally got through to someone she couldn't make heads or tails of what I was asking about, and kept insisting that the order couldn't be edited after it was shipped. At this point I was late for a meeting and just gave up.

So we have a lot of pecans, sea salt, and coffee now, among other things. I decided I'm just not going to ask them for the refund for the executive membership that I lost money on last year and call it even. Their mail order has been an utter disaster since before the pandemic, so I don't feel too bad.

dtremit

dtremit

I had a similar unexpected bounty from Costco recently -- one that is partially my fault, but I think I've done my best to try to fix it.

I placed an online order from them for a bunch of stuff, and the day it was (finally) due to arrive, I couldn't find it in the mail room. Checked the UPS tracking, and it was listed as delivered, signed for by "David" in "Shipping and Receiving." We don't have a shipping and receiving department, and no one in our building office has a name anything close to David, so I assumed it was lost and gone forever. Called Costco, waited on hold for half an hour, they looked it up, and re-shipped what they could and refunded the rest.

Well, wouldn't you know it, two days later the original box was delivered. I guess it wasn't misdelivered, but rather mis-scanned when something else was delivered. Oops.

Called Costco again, this time waited over an hour on hold, to try to get them to cancel the re-shipment. When I finally got through to someone she couldn't make heads or tails of what I was asking about, and kept insisting that the order couldn't be replaced after it was shipped. At this point I was late for a meeting and just gave up.

So we have a lot of pecans, sea salt, and coffee now, among other things. I decided I'm just not going to ask them for the refund for the executive membership that I lost money on last year and call it even. Their mail order has been an utter disaster since before the pandemic, so I don't feel too bad.

dtremit

dtremit

Called Costco again, this time waited over an hour on hold, to try to get them to cancel the re-shipment. When I finally got through to someone she couldn't make heads or tails of what I was asking about, and kept insisting that the order couldn't be replaced after it was shipped. At this point I was late for a meeting and just gave up.

So we have a lot of pecans, sea salt, and coffee now, among other things. I decided I'm just not going to ask them for the refund for the executive membership that I lost money on last year and call it even.