• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

robirdstx

robirdstx

20 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Cilantro grows quickly and freely from seed - quickly enough, in fact, that I usually stagger my planting times even here in my relatively short-season climate. Grab the bottle of coriander seed from your cupboard and plant a dozen or so in a suitable location, and you should have a few germinate even if the seeds are somewhat past their prime. Thin them if necessary, and then you're off to the races. If you want to do a second planting, you'll now know roughly what germination rate to expect and can plant accordingly.

Cool! Do you think that would work with Dill and Fennel Seeds, too?

robirdstx

robirdstx

19 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Cilantro grows quickly and freely from seed - quickly enough, in fact, that I usually stagger my planting times even here in my relatively short-season climate. Grab the bottle of coriander seed from your cupboard and plant a dozen or so in a suitable location, and you should have a few germinate even if the seeds are somewhat past their prime. Thin them if necessary, and then you're off to the races. If you want to do a second planting, you'll now know roughly what germination rate to expect and can plant accordingly.

Cool! Do you think that would work with Dill and  Fennel Seeds, too?

robirdstx

robirdstx

17 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Cool! Do you think that would work with Dill an Fennel Seeds, too?