• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

23 hours ago, SLB said:

@liamsaunt, those Maine marfax beans are delicious.  I actually have some soaking now -- I order them from Baer's Best, a delightful Maine farmer who grows several New England heirlooms beans.   It was funny to come across your picture!  

Thanks for the information.  I already traded them to my Mom for some other stuff, but I will keep in mind for future shipments.  I am sorry for your losses.

Here is this week's share.  As you can see, I got TWO kinds of beans this week!  They are black beans and bumblebee beans.  I can work with those.  This week's share contains the last of the overwintered carrots, plus many freshly dug parsnips.  I see parsnip puree in my future.  They also gave me 16 potatoes and another huge sweet potato!  I still have eight potatoes and two sweet potatoes left from last week's box!  Luckily, I texted my brother and he really wants the potatoes for his house with my parents.  He is taking them all in exchange for, well, I am not sure what yet.  He'll come up with something that I want.  Other stuff included pea shoots, bread, strawberry jam, and jerusalem artichokes.  

share.jpg

My Whole Foods order got shopped a day early and arrived last night around 8PM.  They made meat substitutions without checking with me, which was a little odd.  Ground chicken breast was swapped in for ground dark turkey meat, and chicken tenders were swapped in for chicken breast.  Oh well, they tried and I will use everything I am sure.  No milk, toilet paper, paper towels, mozzarella cheese, or popcorn.  I got everything else I asked for including eggs, bacon, corn tortillas, and a flank steak for tacos on Sunday.

My Wegmans order is supposed to arrive today between 11-1, but I am guessing it will arrive much later than that.  My Mom had an order that was supposed to come yesterday between 9-11AM, and it arrived at 5:30 PM.  

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

23 hours ago, SLB said:

@liamsaunt, those Maine marfax beans are delicious.  I actually have some soaking now -- I order them from Baer's Best, a delightful Maine farmer who grows several New England heirlooms beans.   It was funny to come across your picture!  

Thanks for the information.  I already traded them to my Mom for some other stuff, but I will keep in mind for future shipments.  I am sorry for your losses.

Here is this week's share.  As you can see, I got TWO kinds of beans this week!  They are black beans and bumblebee beans.  I can work with those.  This week's share contains the last of the overwintered carrots, plus many freshly dug parsnips.  I see parsnip puree in my future.  They also gave me 16 potatoes and another huge sweet potato!  I still have eight potatoes and two sweet potatoes left from last week's box!  Luckily, I texted my brother and he really wants the potatoes for his house with my parents.  He is taking them all in exchange for, well, I am not sure what yet.  He'll come up with something that I want.  Other stuff included pea shoots, bread, strawberry jam, and jerusalem artichokes.  

My Whole Foods order got shopped a day early and arrived last night around 8PM.  They made meat substitutions without checking with me, which was a little odd.  Ground chicken breast was swapped in for ground dark turkey meat, and chicken tenders were swapped in for chicken breast.  Oh well, they tried and I will use everything I am sure.  No milk, toilet paper, paper towels, mozzarella cheese, or popcorn.  I got everything else I asked for including eggs, bacon, corn tortillas, and a flank steak for tacos on Sunday.

My Wegmans order is supposed to arrive today between 11-1, but I am guessing it will arrive much later than that.  My Mom had an order that was supposed to come yesterday between 9-11AM, and it arrived at 5:30 PM.  

share.jpg