• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

28 minutes ago, Darienne said:

Ed shopped in Super Store this morning (part of the Loblaws enterprise).  Had to wait about five minutes to get in and then the shopping was fine.  But then...it took over half an hour to check the groceries out.  He said the line-up went to the back of the store and half way around.  Why were so few cash registers open?  Strange use of staff.

When we first got there, there's a very long line for the cash.  I think there were only 2 of maybe 10 open along with the self-checkout.  There was someone there who kept everyone in line which included someone butting in and sending her to the back of it.  By the time we were finished, there was one person ahead of us.  We were lucky because another long line was forming.  A couple of things I had neglected to mention - there was lots of rice in all sizes, and types.   One thing they did not have were clementines.   I shopped for my neighbour who is self-isolating and she wanted clementines.  Bought mandarines instead.  They had everything else she wanted.

ElsieD

ElsieD

19 minutes ago, Darienne said:

Ed shopped in Super Store this morning (part of the Loblaws enterprise).  Had to wait about five minutes to get in and then the shopping was fine.  But then...it took over half an hour to check the groceries out.  He said the line-up went to the back of the store and half way around.  Why were so few cash registers open?  Strange use of staff.

When we first got there, there's a very long line for the cash.  I think there were only 2 of maybe 10 open along with the self-checkout.  There was someone there who kept everyone in line which included someone butting in and sending her to the back of it.  By the time we were finished, there was one person ahead of us.  We were lucky because another long line was forming.  A couple of things I had neglected to mention - there was lots of rice in all sizes, and types.   One thing they did not have were clementines.   I shopped for my neighbour who is self-isolating and she wanted clementines.  Bought mandarins instead.  They had everything else she wanted.