• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from South Africa

Hi all

Let me first start by I am so excited to be part of the community, I have been reading these forums for a while but today I decided to join. 

So a little about myself, my name is Josh and I am a pastry chef based in Johannesburg, South Africa.I decided to start my own candy company as I've always had a passion for pastry and confectionery.

I am now trying to work on chocolate panning, which is what led me here as there is little information around chocolate panning outside of this forum. I am so eager to learn more from the amazingly talented community here which, might I add has already helped me with regards to my panned confections on numerous occasions. 

Thank you for the welcome, I can't wait to learn more😁

• Like 7

Hello and welcome, Josh! It's delightful to see a new member arrive from South Africa. We always enjoy seeing new members turn up with different seasons and food traditions. 

I can't help with the pastry and confectionary questions, as I'm one of the gapers-and-admirers only, but if you have questions about how to use the forums, or where to post something, feel free to ask a host (I am one) by PM, or else ask publicly in the Moderation and Policy Discussion forum.

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Welcome, Josh! Many fine pastry chefs and chocolatiers here, though I am not one of them. I'll be anxious to see your adventures in chocolate!

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Welcome to the forum ChefJoshBanc.  You'll find a lot of good answers here and no doubt you'll have lots to contribute.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.