• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Have you ever heard about deep fried brioche from whipping siphon ?

Việt Hồng

If you want to experiment by yourself, a good start would be writing about what you tried and how it failed, just to have an idea.

As a starting point I would try mixing whole eggs with rice flour, see what happens, then work from there. I suppose you need to avoid gluten like hell.

Teo

• Like 1

Teo

I am not sophisticated at this but would creating a sphere fried from the siphon then injecting the filling work better>?

Deep fried brioche injected with custard and jelly …….

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

37 minutes ago, suzilightning said:

I am not sophisticated at this but would creating a sphere fried from the siphon then injecting the filling work better>?

Deep fried brioche injected with custard and jelly …….

How partially deep fry, inject egg whites, then inject egg yokes, then sous vide, then do a second deep fry to crisp up the outer brioche shell.

50 minutes ago, FeChef said:

Had me at deep fried brioche, Lost me at caviar. Don't get me wrong, I like fish roe, especially on sushi, but the thought of it inside a warm deep fried brioche ball, triggers my gag reflex.

I am reasonably sure the "caviar" is modernist caviar, in other words spheres.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou