• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

More Instant Pot wizardry: Easter Eggs cooked in the dye!

lemniscate

1 hour ago, lemniscate said:

I bet it does work. Anyway I hope you take one for the team and tell us. 

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Kind of takes the fun out of it for the kids and kid-like adults. I have colored hundreds  if not more  eggs over the years. Not a chore but rather an event. But then again not a gadget girl here (though I did want to be Gidget...) My metal thingies are at least 20 years old and- work like a charm. Paper bowls, outside work table - no fuss or mess.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Well, I finally got around to trying this technique this year.  I had *some* limited success.  Two of the mason jars I used as vessels of color broke in the IP (out of 6).  They were used jars, could have had hairline cracks I didn't notice I suppose.  I was using the metal trivet, that could maybe contribute to breakage, possibly.  I have a silicone trivet, maybe if I try this next year I will use it.  I just gave up after 2nd broken jar and went back to cook eggs first, then color.

• Thanks 1