• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gulfporter

gulfporter

15 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

@JeanneCake's sounds perfect.  But, if you have trouble with getting heavy cream to whip (which I know can be a problem in Mexico), can you get Dream Whip?  

Heavy cream here is heavy, in a good way.  It reminds me of the thick heavy cream in the US decades ago, when it had a short shelf life before so much pasteurization.  

If I add gelatine, when do I add it, when I whip the cream?  If so at what point?  I assume I bloom the gelatine powder before adding?

gulfporter

gulfporter

@JeanneCake's sounds perfect.  But, if you have trouble with getting heavy cream to whip (which I know can be a problem in Mexico), can you get Dream Whip?  

Heavy cream here is heavy, in a good way.  It reminds me of the thick heavy cream in the US decades ago, when it had a short shelf life before so much pasteurization.  

If I add gelatine, when I whip the cream, if so at what point?  I assume I bloom the gelatine powder before adding?

gulfporter

gulfporter

If I add gelatine, at what point do I do it, when I whip the cream, if so at what point?  I assume I bloom the gelatine powder before adding?