• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Santa Barbara Culinary Experience Mar 13-16 2020 - very Julia Child centric

blue_dolphin

If anyone's going to be in or close to Santa Barbara on the weekend of March 13-15 (Friday - Sunday with a few extras on Monday),  check out the events being offered as part of the Santa Barbara Culinary Experience.  

While her name does not appear in the title, there are a lot of Julia Child-centric events. 

All kinds of stuff from dinners to classes to a downloadable guide to Julia's favorite places in Santa Barbara county.   List of events by date

I'd like to catch the special advance screening of Nothing Fancy: Diana Kennedy the upcoming film and contemplating what else I might fit in without blowing my budget!  

• Like 5

I wish my health permitted me to attend.  I am also unable to drive for the length of time it requires.  It sound like it would be great fun.

• Like 4

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett