• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

not funny postscript . . .

we had a long planned CA vacation.

tried for a reservation at The French Laundry - website inoperative, will be fixed soon.  3 months later, same.

emailed - no reply

telephoned - no answer.  when it did finally answer it was a recording with no options:  "Go away, click."

from what I see, apparently people snatch up reservations and re-sell them as a business.

we wound up at ... which I understand has since closed . . . which is unfortunate - it was a good place

DSC_3232.thumb.JPG.2152ab73236e3a1fe532d5869ec30674.JPG

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

not funny postscript . . .

we had a long planned CA vacation planned. 

tried for a reservation at The French Laundry - website inoperative, will be fixed soon.  3 months later, same.

emailed - no reply

telephoned - no answer.  when it did answer it was a recording with no options:  "Go away, click."

from what I see, apparently people snatch up reservations and re-sell them as a business.

we wound up at ... which I understand has since closed . . . which is unfortunate - it was a good place

DSC_3232.thumb.JPG.2152ab73236e3a1fe532d5869ec30674.JPG