Jump to content
  • Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Easter chocolates 2020


Louise nadine brill
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Louise nadine brill said:

I didn’t see a thread for this year so decided to start one. I had a disastrous round of bunnies, followed by the first eggs of the Season. Have finally cleaned all of my bunny moulds ready for another go shortly. I’d love to see what everyone is doing with their eggs/bunnies.

8B728648-EC87-4873-A7DB-D4D6554665C8.jpeg

 

 

 

I really like the gold splatter on the turquoise egg. What did you use for the gold?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The intention is larger 4" eggs filled with loose truffles, smaller 2" eggs with various caramels, small solid bunnies with almond or strawberry, and a few plain big bunnies for purists.  We'll see what actually happens!

 

testing today ...

985871689_dolcettaeastereggs2_23_20.thumb.jpg.311bffade99e5975816684d94e56c92e.jpg

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/23/2020 at 11:29 PM, pastrygirl said:

The intention is larger 4" eggs filled with loose truffles, smaller 2" eggs with various caramels, small solid bunnies with almond or strawberry, and a few plain big bunnies for purists.  We'll see what actually happens!

 

testing today ...

985871689_dolcettaeastereggs2_23_20.thumb.jpg.311bffade99e5975816684d94e56c92e.jpg

I saw these on instagram- beautiful. I really like them both very much.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So much art on one page... and all I've got on deck so far is the f'ing bunnies (not a commentary on bunnies, that's what they actually are... see below :D ) I do every year. Better get my brain in gear, I suppose. 

bun1.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

So much art on one page... and all I've got on deck so far is the f'ing bunnies (not a commentary on bunnies, that's what they actually are... see below :D ) I do every year. Better get my brain in gear, I suppose. 

bun1.jpg

Haha...it is such a strange mould! Nice f**i g shine on your f***ing bunnies though!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Haley said:

Playing around with some egg designs.  TBD which ones make the cut.  Also waiting on a new order of cocoa butter colors so there will be more testing soon!

0FB7CA5A-6EFA-47F4-AED9-EBC6A16956C7.jpeg

 

Really nice and personal!

Counting from the top left, my vote as best choices goes to numbers 2, 4 and 6.

 

 

 

Teo

 

  • Like 1

Teo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Louise nadine brill said:

Haha...it is such a strange mould!


Yeah, it is. I had no choice, had to have it. I keep avoiding buying holiday specific molds just because of the once-a-year usage factor but I know someday I'm going to have break on that.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tri2Cook said:


Yeah, it is. I had no choice, had to have it. I keep avoiding buying holiday specific molds just because of the once-a-year usage factor but I know someday I'm going to have break on that.

I hear ya. My rule on holiday moulds is ....only if i can get ‘em cheap!  I got incredibly lucky last year and scored 8 sets of “World’s Best” magnetic Bunny moulds for $200 total - i almost cried with joy 😁😁 Those things are $100 each from Tomric. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...