• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Easter chocolates 2020

Louise nadine brill

Oh I know - just not a passion/memory for me. What is Kerry's avatar - a bunny mold?  And further do not get me started on red roses - ick I suppose = need a Hallmark intervention

2 hours ago, Louise nadine brill said:

I didn’t see a thread for this year so decided to start one. I had a disastrous round of bunnies, followed by the first eggs of the Season. Have finally cleaned all of my bunny moulds ready for another go shortly. I’d love to see what everyone is doing with their eggs/bunnies.

8B728648-EC87-4873-A7DB-D4D6554665C8.jpeg

I really like the gold splatter on the turquoise egg. What did you use for the gold?

The intention is larger 4" eggs filled with loose truffles, smaller 2" eggs with various caramels, small solid bunnies with almond or strawberry, and a few plain big bunnies for purists.  We'll see what actually happens!

testing today ...

985871689_dolcettaeastereggs2_23_20.thumb.jpg.311bffade99e5975816684d94e56c92e.jpg

• Like 10

On 2/23/2020 at 11:29 PM, pastrygirl said:

The intention is larger 4" eggs filled with loose truffles, smaller 2" eggs with various caramels, small solid bunnies with almond or strawberry, and a few plain big bunnies for purists.  We'll see what actually happens!

testing today ...

985871689_dolcettaeastereggs2_23_20.thumb.jpg.311bffade99e5975816684d94e56c92e.jpg

I saw these on instagram- beautiful. I really like them both very much.

• Like 1

So much art on one page... and all I've got on deck so far is the f'ing bunnies (not a commentary on bunnies, that's what they actually are... see below :D ) I do every year. Better get my brain in gear, I suppose. 

bun1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

11 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

So much art on one page... and all I've got on deck so far is the f'ing bunnies (not a commentary on bunnies, that's what they actually are... see below :D ) I do every year. Better get my brain in gear, I suppose. 

bun1.jpg

Haha...it is such a strange mould! Nice f**i g shine on your f***ing bunnies though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Haley said:

Playing around with some egg designs.  TBD which ones make the cut.  Also waiting on a new order of cocoa butter colors so there will be more testing soon!

0FB7CA5A-6EFA-47F4-AED9-EBC6A16956C7.jpeg

Really nice and personal!

Counting from the top left, my vote as best choices goes to numbers 2, 4 and 6.

Teo

• Like 1

Teo

26 minutes ago, Louise nadine brill said:

Haha...it is such a strange mould!

Yeah, it is. I had no choice, had to have it. I keep avoiding buying holiday specific molds just because of the once-a-year usage factor but I know someday I'm going to have break on that.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

1 hour ago, Tri2Cook said:

Yeah, it is. I had no choice, had to have it. I keep avoiding buying holiday specific molds just because of the once-a-year usage factor but I know someday I'm going to have break on that.

I hear ya. My rule on holiday moulds is ....only if i can get ‘em cheap!  I got incredibly lucky last year and scored 8 sets of “World’s Best” magnetic Bunny moulds for $200 total - i almost cried with joy 😁😁 Those things are $100 each from Tomric. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up these Easter transfers, I think the bunnies are cute. 

These are strawberry creme fraiche, but I think they need a thicker mold. The dark chocolate overwhelms the filing. So, maybe something else for this particular shape. Or, try milk chocolate for the shell. 

0341ADC7-D61F-4602-A578-503CF6B243A3.jpeg

• Like 6