• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

My favorite restaurant supply store is about a 25 minute drive, but I have reason to go in that direction fairly often. I've looked (for grins) at commercial stoves at a Costco Business Center. On the price cards with the feature list they all, along with refrigerators and freezers, state the the warranty is void if used in a home.

I lust after a Blue Star range, but that will most likely be all I ever do. Since we hope to move out of California in another couple of years, I wouldn't want to leave one here in this typical 35+ y/o track home.

Porthos

Porthos

My favorite restaurant supply store is about a 25 minute drive, but I have reason to go in that direction fairly often. I've looked (for grins) at commercial stoves at a Costco Business Center. On the price cards with the feature list they all, along with refrigerators and freezers, state the the warranty is void if use in a home.

I lust after a Blue Star range, but that will most likely be all I ever do. Since we hope to move out of California in another couple of years, I wouldn't want to leave one here in this typical 35+ y/o track home.