• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate vibrating machines from China?

Chocolatemelter

Hey everyone.

So im looking for the most affordable chocolate shaking table that actually works.. does anyone have experience with the ones from AliBaba or china in general?

i bought a $100 dental table from amazon but i guess its not the right hrtz cause it kinda works, but not well enough.

im looking in the $500 range or under.. any advice? Thanks

You need to look for somethng that has 2 knobs, one to adjust frequency, the other to adjust the width of the vibrations. Usually all dental tables have at least the knob for the width and it should be enough.

A couple years ago I saw a vibrating table on Alibaba that had the 2 knobs and was sold for about 200 eur, but I lost the link, sorry.

Teo

Teo

• 1 month later...

I bought some equipment from ALIBABA, I believe you can find something cool and affordable especially for a vibration machine. am sure you ll find it on the 200$ range + shipping.

Chocolate & Pastry Instructor

Chocolate Author

www.cocoachocolateganache.com

• 2 months later...

I have been successfully using this type of Dental Shaker for almost 2 years without many issues. 

s-l1600.jpg

Although I acquired a couple of Selmi One tempering machines last year that included vibrating platform units, I use custom made 40-shore silicone moulds for my filled chocolate racing helmets, which are too wide to fit on the Selmi vibration platforms. 40-shore silicone is very stiff but still flexible, so I suffered cracking of my coloured cocoa butter when I vibrated the moulds on the Selmi's due to them not fitting on the platform. They are too big for the dental vibration platform shown above, but I can get around this by removing the black rubber top and making sure I hold on to and spin the mould while vibrating to ensure it does not fall off. I tend to use it on the Low switch setting but with the dial at around 3/4 o'clock. It seems to dislodge air bubbles fine without damaging my decoration.

I have been considering purchasing a Keychoc VT01 as my moulds do fit on this and the Stainless Steel design should make it much easier to clean, but I'm not sure I can use this as justification for spending over £600 when I already own an £80 piece of kit that is doing a fine job.

VT02.jpg?time=1591204303 

Hope this helps.

Matthew

Just curios why would you need a vibrating table? It can be done with your hand on a table, cant be? (I clench my muscles and shake my hand uncontrollably like I had Alzheimer and it works perfectly)

18 minutes ago, Racing_Chocs said:

I have been successfully using this type of Dental Shaker for almost 2 years without many issues. 

any chance for a link/ name?

3 minutes ago, Vojta said:

Just curios why would you need a vibrating table? It can be done with your hand on a table, cant be? (I clench my muscles and shake my hand uncontrollably like I had Alzheimer and it works perfectly)

any chance for a link/ name?

No problem, here you go.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dental-Square-Vibrator-Shaker-Model-Vibrating-Oscillator-Lab-Equipment-JT-51B-CE/132920148360?hash=item1ef2a88188:g:LUsAAOSwPGtcPtJ

Matthew

@Vojta FYI, the reason I need a vibration table is because my 40-shore silicone moulds are not solid like poycarb ones, so if I try to vibrate them by hand, I will crack all of my painstakingly sprayed decorative layers.

Matthew

• Like 2