• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good pubs near Euston

The Head of Steam is a shitehole. Right next to the station and stinks to high heaven of that stale oil they use in Burger King

If you have to meet in Euston ( and the big question, of course, is WHY? ) then you should probably head for the Jolly Gardeners on Coburg (sp) St. Mainly post - office and Post Office drinkers, but quite friendly and a good starting point

S

I haven't been in years but the Lamb in Lamb's Conduit* Street used to be a good pub and isn't far from Euston.

*Pronounced kundit by the literate.

It's not that close to Euston if you're carrying luggage, as I know to my cost after drinking several pints of Youngs in there before hacking up to the station to catch the Fort William sleeper a couple of years ago. But it is an excellent pub - lovely room, excellent beer. I like it a lot.

Adam

The Lamb is still pretty good, and has a separate upstairs bar, it does tend to get a bit overrun at times.

Closer to Euston is the Euston Flyer on Euston Road, big Fullers pub with decent beer (as you would expect) £2 a pint for London Pride and a few other drinks. Bit lacking in character though, but clean and directly opposite the British Library.

Dave