• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

Another vote for Bosch dishwashers.

MY DW and I are dead-set against ice makers. Too many leaks, too many fails among family and friends.

We have a semi-automatic ice maker. When I ready to put together a load of dishes to run, I start by cracking 2 or 3 trays of ice into the ice-keeper we keep in the freezer, start more ice using our Britta pitcher, then re-fill the Britta pitcher with cold water from hot hot water pipe while waiting for the water to get hot.

ETA: What's an m/w? Never mind, I figured it out.

Porthos

Porthos

MY DW and I are dead-set against ice makers. Too many leaks, too many fails among family and friends.

We have a semi-automatic ice maker. When I ready to put together a load of dishes to run, I start by cracking 2 or 3 trays of ice into the ice-keeper we keep in the freezer, start more ice using our Britta pitcher, then re-fill the Britta pitcher with cold water from hot hot water pipe while waiting for the water to get hot.

ETA: What's an m/w?

Porthos

Porthos