• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

My new house is in the early stages; it is barely framed up but I'm already dreaming of my dream kitchen.

Yesterday I went to our one big appliance store (other than HD and Lowe's) and I think I'm going to go wild with the new units.

First up I'm thinking of a Sub-Zero side by side.  A Thermador 30" slide-in dual fuel range, a Bosch d/w as well as a new m/w and a new hood of a type yet to be determined.  All this is really overkill since I'm by no means a big presence in the kitchen, and these expensive appliances do not define the home which is really rather modest.  But I'm figuring this is my last rodeo, if you will.

I have heard of some folk having trouble with Sub-Zero repairs so I plan to add a warranty protection plan..

Anyone have any negative experiences with any of these brands?\

ETA: I have been reading reviews online about Sub-Zero fridges and I may have to re-think that choice.  Those reviews are not good.

Much as I'd like to have a custom-size I'm beginning to have grave concerns about repairs.

lindag

lindag

My new house is in the early stages; it is barely framed up but I'm already dreaming of my dream kitchen.

Yesterday I went to our one big appliance store (other than HD and Lowe's) and I think I'm going to go wild with the new units.

First up I'm thinking of a Sub-Zero side by side.  A Thermador 30" slide-in dual fuel range, a Bosch d/w as well as a new m/w and a new hood of a type yet to be determined.  All this is really overkill since I'm by no means a big presence in the kitchen, and these expensive appliances do not define the home which is really rather modest.  But I'm figuring this is my last rodeo, if you will.

I have heard of some folk having trouble with Sub-Zero repairs so I plan to add a warranty protection plan..

Anyone have any negative experiences with any of these brands?