• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

8 hours ago, KennethT said:

what is the brownish paste on the burger?  I do find it amusing how much chinese/asian food you've had... started making me think that Dutch people either have very little food that is native to them, or they LOVE chinese food!

I have to say that the worst Chinese food I've ever eaten was in Amsterdam. It isn't a great culinary destination, by any means! But the main Asian influence there is Indonesian, as I remember. And some of that was excellent.

liuzhou

liuzhou

4 hours ago, KennethT said:

what is the brownish paste on the burger?  I do find it amusing how much chinese/asian food you've had... started making me think that Dutch people either have very little food that is native to them, or they LOVE chinese food!

I have to say that the worst Chinese food I've ever eaten was in Amsterdam. It isn't a great culinary destination,by any means! But the main Asian influence there is Indonesian, as I remember. And some of that was excellent.