• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

KennethT

KennethT

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

A kind friend at work promised me a curry leaf plant.  I plan to order some dried curry leaves next time The Spice House has a sale.

to me, dried curry leaves taste nothing like the fresh ones.  I can get fresh curry leaves on teh stem at two stores within walking distance of me... one of these days I'm going to try to root it.  If I can do it, I'd be happy to root another cutting and send it to you... but your friend at work may be faster than me - I don't anticipate being able to get to it for several months...

I make a couple of different curries that use them... I usually make a big batch and freeze it - they both freeze really well.

KennethT

KennethT

59 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

A kind friend at work promised me a curry leaf plant.  I plan to order some dried curry leaves next time The Spice House has a sale.

to me, dried curry leaves taste nothing like the fresh ones.  I can get fresh curry leaves on teh stem at two stores within walking distance of me... one of these days I'm going to try to root it.  If I can do it, I'd be happy to root another cutting and send it to you... but your friend at work may be faster than me - I don't anticipate being able to get to it for several months...