• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine Reviews

I've been impressed with the Times's Wednesday survey of wines. It's an interesting overview of a varietal, or region, or style, and I've tried a number of wines as a result of your panel's comments. As a panelist, do you have the opportunity to suggest a group to sample? And, which wines have you most enjoyed?

Related question - How much lead time have you been given prior to developing or selecting a recipe to accompany the wines sampled?

thanks!

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

i'm glad you like the group. it's fun to do, and yes, the wine choices are open to suggestion. i would say the most interesting tasting so far was the champagnes under 40. the differences between them were stunning.

i usually do the pairing the week before it runs. for instance, tonight i was going to begin cooking for next week's pairing column.