• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Desiderio

Desiderio

So, at work they have these custom molds for small bars, I believe they are Tomric, looks like thermofolded one (SP?). Anyway, they have an order for 500 business card size chocolate bars, but we only have like 6 molds, 4 cavities each (you do the math :-P). But as the chocolate set and shrinks, it leaves spots, like circles. We polished the molds and all, but it feels like there is not preventing this from happening. Any thoughts? I tried different ways, let it set at room temperature (which is 58F, yeah its cold here), until set on top and then in fridge on open racks. Still got those shrinking circles. 

20200205_101134.jpg

20200205_101022.jpg

20200205_101128.jpg

Desiderio

Desiderio

So, at work they have these custom molds for small bars, I believe they are Tomric, looks like thermofolded one (SP?). Anyway, they have an order for 500 business card size chocolate bars, but we only have like 6 molds, 4 cavities each (you do the math :-P). But as the chocolate set and shrinks, it leaves spots, like circles. We polished the molds and all, but it feels like there is not preventing this from happening. Any thoughts? I tried different ways, let it set at room temperature (which is 58F, yeah its cold here), until set on top and then in fridge on open racks. Still got those shrinking circles. 😢