• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Airbrush adapter question

RWood

So, years ago, I bought a KopyKake airbrush for cake decorating.  I didn't realize at the time the stupid thing only had a cut off tube as a connection. Nothing at the end to connect the airbrush, you just shove it in the tube 🤦‍♀️. The attachment to the machine is the same way.  If I had realized it, I wouldn't have bought it.

I started using it with a Badger 250 for my chocolates, and while it was a pain, I could get it to work. I need something that would attach too the badger, but it's long enough to stay in tube.

The badger is easier to use with chocolates, and I have a DinkyDoodle airbrush to use just for my cakes. I didn't want to use it for cocoa butter. 

I'm not looking to invest in the spiffy compressors and large guns I have read about on here ☺️. I don't really plan on large production  amounts at this time to need to spend more money on another airbrush set up. 

Any ideas? It's starting to give me a headache looking at adapters. I've attached photos of how it looks.

Thanks!

18CFFFDB-F0EC-4D20-BD49-4ABEBBB3B942.png

BBE94534-4812-44D0-9FA4-5839767C77D2.png

5 hours ago, Nickos said:

It probably won’t work with cacao butter,  especially with the airbrush kit you bought(compressor included).

cacao butter is hard to spray especially with cheap stuff. 

Well, it does work with the badger if it would only stay attached. It has enough pressure, and it's adjustable. Not that cheap, it was over $200.   

I'm looking for an option to make the hose stay attached. 

3 hours ago, pastrygirl said:

Possibly. I'll look into that, thanks. I had a thought of just taking the hose that came with the Badger, cutting one ended off, and trying to attach it to the to the machine. If you look at the hose that came with it, it's just shoved on there. Have to see if it would fit.