Jump to content
  • Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

weinoo

Cooking Nude aka The "Joy" of Cooking Naked

Recommended Posts

Who here cooks in the nude?

 

In today's can you believe this stuff...evidently a whole shitload of people...

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/04/dining/nudist-cooking-naked.html?searchResultPosition=2

 

(Confession - I don't, but I have been know to wear some revealing aprons).

 

 


Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

mweinstein@eGstaff.org

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No

13 minutes ago, weinoo said:

Who here cooks in the nude?

 

In today's can you believe this stuff...evidently a whole shitload of people...

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/04/dining/nudist-cooking-naked.html?searchResultPosition=2

 

(Confession - I don't, but I have been know to wear some revealing aprons).

 

 

Not gonna happen in my house.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, weinoo said:

Who here cooks in the nude?

Maybe we can begin a topic The Gallery of Regrettable Nudes?  Would it quickly become the Gallery of Regretful Nudes?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I once stirred a boiling tomato sauce without wearing a shirt. I still have the burn marks it left on my belly ...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm cold in the house in the far frozen north wearing heavy cotton slacks, with a t-shirt, sweater and then a sweater coat on top.  Don't see doing nudity in my future.  

  • Like 1

Darienne

 

learn, learn, learn...

 

Life in the Meadows and Rivers

Cheers & Chocolates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need pants or a tunic with pockets into which I can tuck one end of a dishtowel.


Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I like to cook chickens well dressed.

 

dcarch


Edited by dcarch (log)
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gfweb said:

I see to remember something from @JoNorvelleWalker on this topic in the distant past

 

Yes, I read the Times article.  Me?  I usually cook with at least a t-shirt.  Albeit not always.  What I may have mentioned was the occasion I looked up from my dinner preparations (in truth looked up from putting something in the dishwasher) and saw a strange man, probably high on something, standing in my dining room.

 

And then there was the time in the dead of winter, back when I used to have a basil plant in the kitchen.*  Breaking off a few leaves for my recipe I felt a sharp pain in my hand.  I looked down to see a hornet crawling on my breast.

 

 

*now the basil plants live in the dining room.

 

 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

 

Yes, I read the Times article.  Me?  I usually cook with at least a t-shirt.  Albeit not always.  What I may have mentioned was the occasion I looked up from my dinner preparations (in truth looked up from putting something in the dishwasher) and saw a strange man, probably high on something, standing in my dining room.

 

And then there was the time in the dead of winter, back when I used to have a basil plant in the kitchen.*  Breaking off a few leaves for my recipe I felt a sharp pain in my hand.  I looked down to see a hornet crawling on my breast.

 

 

*now the basil plants live in the dining room.

 

 

 

Yikes!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nude? Yep, in the summer. Remember that southern California is essentially a desert.


Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most people who cook in the nude must have certain requirements. If you don't live in the middle of nowhere or in a designated nudist colony, you must have to pull down shades to avoid rubberneckers. My requirements for cooking include lots of light. In my kitchen that means daylight, which means windows in the kitchen and shades up. Cooking naked would make me a nervous wreck. Hot spatter is not a calming thought. Cooking in a beautiful cashmere sweater would also make me a basket case. When it comes to cooking I need protection; an old flannel shirt works and so does an apron. It's a toss-up as to what is worse: burning the top of your foot or ruining a pair of expensive shoes. My feet are too narrow for crocs, but cheap Keds work very well.

 

If I had an isolated house in a tropical location I would consider making a gin and tonic when wearing nothing. But then, to really enjoy it, I would need to put on a beautiful kimono and fry up some shrimp chips in a hot wok.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking that cooking in the nude might offer a great weight loss program around here.  Anyone catching even a small glimpse of me at the stove in that condition, would immediately lose their appetite!  

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 12:54 PM, weinoo said:

 

(Confession - I don't, but I have been know to wear some revealing aprons).

 

 

Pictures?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

 

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i saw this article in my Today's NYTimes

 

yes it was Today's.

 

Slow Day or Week in NYC ?

 

I suspect so

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Katie Meadow said:

If I had an isolated house in a tropical location I would consider making a gin and tonic when wearing nothing. But then, to really enjoy it, I would need to put on a beautiful kimono and fry up some shrimp chips in a hot wok.

 

My husband and I like to vacation in a warm location, where we rent a house where no one can see in.  We figured it was very private.  Until, after some years of traveling there, we made friends on that island, and learned that some people in houses on distant hills as well as on live aboard boats in the bays below own high powered telescopes and get a kick out of watching tourists who think no one can see them.  😳

 

I would never cook in the nude.  I manage to burn myself regularly while fully clothed and can only imagine what the damage would be if I did not have that protective layer. 

 

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rotuts said:

i saw this article in my Today's NYTimes

 

yes it was Today's.

 

Slow Day or Week in NYC ?

 

I suspect so

 

 

NYT cooking has been flogging this on Twitter for a few days. The photo they show looks like Bernie Sanders

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Porthos said:

This showed up in my email a couple of days ago: 9 Rules for Naked Dining: The Etiquette of Nude Resorts

 

Who knew? This quote, under Rule 4, especially caught my eye:

Quote

“Most nudists resorts will hold traditional barbecues, and first-timers need to be careful around the 'weenie roast,'" says Tom Mulhall...

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So,  I'm pretty tall and at just about burner height,  uhm, yeah. Pass.

  • Haha 3

That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chileheadmike said:

So,  I'm pretty tall and at just about burner height,  uhm, yeah. Pass.

 

Anthony Bourdain was pretty tall. His caveat about the sputtering snails I posted : "If you are accustomed to cooking while naked, I would strongly suggest covering strategic areas with an apron and keeping your face out of the way during the crucial time periods"

  •  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chileheadmike said:

So,  I'm pretty tall and at just about burner height,  uhm, yeah. Pass.

 

But you're all set when it comes to kitchen fires.

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

 

But you're all set when it comes to kitchen fires.

 

I'll try and keep those to a minimum. 

  • Like 1

That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2020 at 4:34 PM, heidih said:

 

Anthony Bourdain was pretty tall. His caveat about the sputtering snails I posted : "If you are accustomed to cooking while naked, I would strongly suggest covering strategic areas with an apron and keeping your face out of the way during the crucial time periods"

  •  

 

I should have mentioned up-thread that when cooking things that could splatter I do don an apron. I don't do much that could splatter so I didn't think of mentioning it earlier. 

  • Haha 1

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...