• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Contemporary viennoiserie

Desiderio

Good Saturday fellows Egulletiers 🙂

I am looking into some contemporary viennoiserie classes. I saw there are a couple at Melissa Coppel atelier, but I am not sure I can shell the cash at the moment. 

So I am thinking of getting this book, Sweet Devotion by Daniel Alvarez, and was wondering if any of you have the book or took the class?

I apologize if there is another thread about this.

Thank you 🙂

Vanessa

Hi,

i have the book - it’s really good. One of our friends has taken his class and he is really good at what he does great panettone section as well as brioche, much less on croissant. You can also find good stuff with Johann Martin, the new bellouet and conseil book.

once you get a few ideas the rest follows. I heard of a school in San Fran for croissants work. Because truly 90% is the ensemencent that will make the croissant layers remarkable 

• Like 1